Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hi! Welcome to my blog!

I have never ever written a blog before. But now that I am going to Colombia to live there my great intercultural experience, I thought it'd be a nice idea to start writing about it! :) I also thought that I would write it in English - If i did it in Polish, my Latin friends wouldn't be able to understand it, same for some of my Polish friends if I did it in Spanish. And I am too lazy to translate every single post :) So, long live the lingua franca which happens to be English nowadays :) 

I am going to Colombia. On January 16th I will be in the city of Cartagena de Indias on the Caribbean coast. A city of great history, colonial architecture and very hot, tropical climate. Quite different from what I see from my window right now: In Poland it's winter time, with lots of snow and temperatures significantly under 0 degrees. To be more exact: currently we are freezing our asses off. God bless central heating! But very soon, within three weeks I will go to the city of the eternal summer, with average daily temperatures around 30 degrees, lots of sun and lots of humidity. Like in a wet sauna! I suppose, it means sweating all the time for me and taking shower 4 times a day, like Latinos do. Shame on you, nasty and dirty little Europeans who think, one shower a day sounds like good hygene! :) But anyway, I am looking forward to it. The day before yesterday I literally felt pain when I had to take off my glove outside in order to make a call. Shame on you, tactile smartphones for not working with my gloves on! 




No comments:

Post a Comment